Read Siemens' CPQ Success Story
Siemens achieved a strategic advantage over their competition by cutting quoting time from 8 weeks to minutes. Learn how in the success story.
"The beauty of the Tacton Configurator is that it will guide the sales rep through the sale and get the configuration of the product and the quotation correct each time. Any potential conflicts and errors are resolved automatically by the configurator."
– Jan Nilsson, Senior Engineer CRM Process & IT Development, Siemens
Complex problems require innovative solutions
Siemens uses pioneering technology to ensure their gas and steam turbines burn as clean and efficient as possible. While Siemens leads the way in efficient and sustainable energy production, their quoting and sales process were far from being efficient and sustainable.
Challenges to overcome:
- Highly complex equipment requiring error-free configuration
- Nothing standard - Each product is highly customized to meet customer’s specific requirements
- Quoting averaged 8 weeks – requiring entire team of sales engineers
- Quotes were on average 500 pages long, including images, BOMs, and technical specifications
- Inability to quote long-term maintenance costs, resulting in low after-sales service orders
Tacton Smart Commerce solutions helped Siemens overcome these challenges. Find out how by downloading the full story…